International Drug Free Athletics (IDFA), founded in 2005, is committed to promoting drug free (natural) bodybuilding world wide through education, awareness, camaraderie, and community involvement. The IDFA will maintain the integrity of drug free athletics and sport through awareness programs and the promotion and sanctioning of drug free bodybuilding, fitness and figure competitions and shows. The IDFA will have in place strict drug testing guidelines and protocols to ensure a fair playing ground at all IDFA sanctioned events.
1. To promote drug free bodybuilding world wide.
2. To build camaraderie amongst similar drug free athletic and sport organizations.
3. To build camaraderie amongst individual competitors, athletes, models and enthusiasts of drug free athletics and sport.
4. To promote and advocate fair play, ethics and integrity amongst all competitors, athletes, models, trainers, organizers, promoters, sponsors and managers involved in drug free athletics and sport.
5. To develop and promote community role models (‘real people real heroes’); drug free athletes and models who represent the unlimited power of personal potential and are living testimony of human achievement.
6. To maintain the integrity of drug free athletics and sport through awareness programs and the promotion and sanctioning of drug free bodybuilding, fitness and figure competitions and shows.
7. To be a conduit in order to educate both competitor and enthusiast from novice to advanced professional on the training, history and other related aspects of drug free bodybuilding, fitness and figure modeling.
8. To provide and maintain a resource and information clearinghouse for competitors and enthusiasts worldwide through directories, web pages, publications, media and community events.
9. To administer, maintain, oversee, monitor and enforce the IDFA drug testing protocol and guidelines at all IDFA and IDFA sanctioned events.
10. To aid in developing a benchmark of what natural bodybuilding is.
11. To promote and encourage drug free bodybuilding, fitness and figure competitions and events by providing official IDFA sanction status to these events upon request, when IDFA drug free sanctioning protocols and standards have been met.
12. To oversee all IDFA sanctioned events.